Hello there I wanted other's to know what happened to my poor dog so it does not happen to your lovable pets as well. My dog currently eats a diet of Castor and Pullox dry dog food, she's been fine with eating treats like milk bones, pig ears, and a few other I get for her now and then. I purchase Milo's Kitchen Chicken Jerky this past weekend thinking I was bringing my doggie home a nice treat. I gave one to her the evening of purchase 7/29/2012, Then about 3 piece of the treat throughout of entire day on 7/30/2012. The morning of 7/31/2012 she seemed to act strange and had some soft stool. I did what I could but had to leave for work that morning. I came to a horrid site as I walked in the door on lunch break there was diarrhea that looked like black tar and vomit all over the entire living room. She was lying there looking very ill and continued to puke 3 times within a matter of minutes I started bawling and frantically calling my job to request the rest of the day off to take her to the vet as this was an emergency. I rushed her to the vet where they check her vitals of course and gave her a nausea shot, bacteria food supplements and antibiotics, I told them the culprit treat (as was the only recent change in consumption) so they could get the word out to others. Once I got home I research the internet on this treat to find many horrible stories.
She is on watch for the next few days to make sure everything turns out okay. I am very worried and distraught.
Not only did my dog have to suffer just for being rewarded a treat. I lost work, I have a $126 vet bill, and had to rent a rug doctor and cleaning supplier for our health costing about another 100.
Please be careful what you bring home to your dogs not everything on any store shelf is okay.
Please see these links below for more information on this dangerous treat
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Chicken Jerky
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "i paid $3500 for a teacup maltese puppy. unfortunately the pictures provided were when she was 1/2 her age, even the supposed "recent" pics were not recent. i was shocked..."
- "I visited the PetSmart store in Whitby, Ontario, Canada on the weekend of February 26, 2011 to purchase packets of Whiskas tender bites food for my newly adopted cat. So..."
- "So I knew that Walmart did not take great care of their fish, but I had never seen anything worse than what I saw the other night. almost all the..."
- "I would like to thank Attorney Dan Newlin and his team especially Attorney Michael Truax for helping me with my case, thanks to you and your assistance I was able..."
- "Sunday 1/3/2016 Denny's 8516 server Deborah, I order chicken quesadilla it was not what I expected horrible, almost no chicken on it one smal that you can't see. For..."
- "So far the dentures seem to be of OKAY quality (practically free so I wan't expecting Grade A quality) but good luck trying to talk to an actual human being..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."